[erlang-questions] Re: how to call gen_server with JInterface

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu55@REDACTED
Wed Mar 24 11:23:26 CET 2010

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 11:07, ingo.schramm <schramm.ingo@REDACTED> wrote:
> As a side effect of a project I'm working on I wrote a rather generic
> facade from Erlang to Java and back. I have an Erlang app ej
> supervising a
> Java node. On Erlang you can use an ej_srv:send or ej_srv:call and on
> the Java side you implement a message handler. That's it. The solution
> has
> still some limitations but it abstracts a lot of the marshalling
> stuff.

We have similar functionality (and more) in the libraries used by
erlide. Maybe it would be useful to put all these basic additions in a
separate project, to make it easier to use for everybody? In the end,
if the functionality is generic and useful enough, it might be
included in jinterface.

regards,
Vlad