[erlang-questions] Supervisors as factories *and* registries

Ulf Wiger ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Tue Mar 23 05:26:48 CET 2010

Garrett Smith wrote:

> Bit I need a finer grained interface to supervised children. I wish
> supervisors exposed state the way gen_server does, in which case I
> could maintain an index (for example) that would let me access
> children more efficiently. (This seems like a conspicuously missing
> feature, but there's probably a good reason for it.)

I'm not entirely sure what you're after, but it seems a bit similar
to what I described in the gproc paper from the Erlang Workshop '07:

http://github.com/uwiger/gproc/raw/master/doc/erlang07-wiger.pdf

See e.g. chapters 2.2.2 and 6.1

BR,
Ulf W
--
Ulf Wiger
CTO, Erlang Solutions Ltd, formerly Erlang Training & Consulting Ltd

WE'VE CHANGED NAMES!

www.erlang-solutions.com