[erlang-questions] 8k limit on gen_tcp:recv?

Bob Ippolito bob@REDACTED
Mon Mar 22 14:10:41 CET 2010

Is changing the limit from 8k to 16k really the best solution? Beyond
technical reasons, e.g. some kinds of proxies might limit URL length,
is there a guarantee that all CouchDB URLs will be shorter than 16k?
I'd be fine with changing the default buffer size, but only if there's
proof that 16k is going to be big enough for all CouchDB use cases.
8kb is certainly enough for exposing URLs to browsers since their
practical limits are much lower.