[erlang-questions] [proposal] Declarative syntax for metadata (long!)

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu55@REDACTED
Thu Mar 18 14:22:55 CET 2010

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 14:06, Joe Armstrong <erlang@REDACTED> wrote:
> We should be able to introspect a module at run-time and recover a
> list of funs, we should be able to take a fun and recover its syntax
> tree or an ascii representation of the fun. The same should be true
> for types, specs, edoc strings an so on.

Yep, that too! I think even applications could exist as 'things': get
a list of applications, query an application for its modules.

<sidenote> There is no such thing in Erlang as a module, just a name
in the documentation and the attribute with the said name. Otherwise
one does handle and refer to beam files. There should be an API to
handle modules that hides the underlying beam_lib, as an example.

regards,
Vlad