[erlang-questions] A good way to do 3d graphics, or display moving objects in 3d space using Erlang (exp. Wings3d).

Roberto Aloi roberto.aloi@REDACTED
Thu Mar 18 12:09:35 CET 2010

On 03/18/2010 08:02 AM, G.S. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I know that there is such a thing as Wings3d built in pure Erlang, where you
> can do 3d design. But anyone know of anything in erlang where you have
> actual moving objects in 3d space? All written in Erlang? Where you can for
> example interface with the program to control the objects all through
> Erlang, if that makes any sense.
> Can it be done, a simple version of it, using the gs library? what are some
> other good graphics libraries in Erlang?
You might want to have a look to Rosen (RObotic Simulation Erlang eNgine):

http://sourceforge.net/projects/rosen/

Reading from the doc:
"is a software library, written in Erlang, which simulates 3D
environments and in particular autonomous mobile robots, each with its
behaviour and interaction capabilities."

It's probably not exactly what you need, but some of the libraries might
deserve a look...

Regards,

Roberto Aloi

--
University of Kent - Erlang Solutions Ltd.
Twitter: @prof3ta

WE'VE CHANGED NAMES!

www.erlang-solutions.com