[erlang-questions] Italian User Group

Kenji Rikitake kenji.rikitake@REDACTED
Wed Mar 17 09:35:59 CET 2010

In the message <9dfb3ec1003160305m1d4d02feuf5ffc85daca5d5e3@REDACTED>
dated Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 01:05:15PM +0300,
Konstantin Sorokin <kvs@REDACTED> writes:
> My point is that it is not necessary to speak fluent English to
> communicate, right ? I've found from my experience that generally
> people are very tolerant to the
> grammar mistakes if they still can understand you. Erlang community is
> too small to be stratified by native languages.

I strongly and always suggest all talented Japanese-speaking programmers
and users of Erlang in Japan to write their ideas in English, and some
of them do.  They are brave people.  But that does not necessarily mean
that they do not have any difficulty on speaking/listening to English.

I think one of the main reason why Erlang has been getting popularity in
Japan is that Programming Erlang by Joe Armstrong is very well
translated into Japanese.  (And I hope Erlang Programming by Francesco
Cesarini and Simon Thompson will be in a near future.)

BTW I appreciate any regional/linguistical programming communities to
emerge anyway.

Kenji Rikitake