[erlang-questions] About the pattern of services implemented by Erlang

Eric Newhuis enewhuis@REDACTED
Sat Mar 13 14:27:00 CET 2010

I have had success using a load-balancer like Lighttpd or Nginx that connects to N Erlang services.  The Erlang services worry about restarting themselves and the load-balancer handles the outside illusion.

There are the excellent webmachine for JSON et al and NoSQL databases like Riak--all of which can be load-balanced from the outside and can be used in a highly-available context.