[erlang-questions] How to get better ranking for erlang.org when googling for erlang

Henning Diedrich hd2010@REDACTED
Mon Mar 8 23:32:43 CET 2010

I found searching Erlang docs generally more tedious than for other
languages.

adding   site:erlang.org    to the search term turns out to be the
fastest way to get an answer from erlang.org via web search.

Even then searches can be convoluted. E.g. try "time site:erlang.org".
The top result page does not even consider itself to be urgently
relevant, as can be seen from its title:
http://www.erlang.org/faq/academic.html

I think using some keywords in the doc sources might go a long way. Not
sure if this could be automated. Otherwise, obviously, that would be
quite some task.

It could make the web feel a lot friendlier for Erlang newbies though
and I volunteer to help if somebody takes it upon himself to lead the
way there.

Thanks,
Henning