OTP R13B04: cannot build wx (is wxGtk required?)

Dimitry Golubovsky golubovsky@REDACTED
Mon Mar 8 05:14:14 CET 2010

Hi,

I am trying to build the most recent OTP form sources with the wx
library. I compiled wx 2.8.10 --with-x11 (did not really want to use
GTK version), Everything compiled fine. I use a Slax-based
installation of Linux.

While configuring OTP I see the following output:

checking for wx/stc/stc.h... no
configure: WARNING: Can not find wx/stc/stc.h
checking if we can link wxwidgets programs... no
configure: WARNING: Can not link wx program are all developer packages
installed?

Finally I see:

wx             : Can not link the wx driver, wx will NOT be useable

I found the following thread:

http://groups.google.com/group/erlang-programming/browse_thread/thread/2d044dac45a36bae

wx in OTP13B03 failed to build on Ubuntu 8.10

where the last message in thread suggests to install libwxgtk2.8-dev.
to resolve the missing header issue.

Does this mean that Erlang wx library specifically requires wxGtk?

Thanks.

--
Dimitry Golubovsky

Anywhere on the Web