[erlang-questions] why is 'registered' a mandatory .app file attribute?

Håkan Mattsson hakan@REDACTED
Thu Mar 4 23:00:35 CET 2010

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 6:17 PM, Ulf Wiger
<ulf.wiger@REDACTED> wrote:
> Am I the only one who is annoyed* by the fact that systools
> requires the 'registered' attribute to be present in the .app
> files in order to build a boot script?

Yes. ;-)

> While the attribute may have some value for documentation
> (if properly maintained), it isn't, and never has been, enforced
> in any way.
>
> Why, then, does it need to be mandatory?

It doesn't. Submit a patch.

If you use reltool to build your boot script, you can omit the 'registered'
attribute in the .app file.

/Håkan