[erlang-questions] Cross compiling R13B04 for MIPS CPU running linux works

Håkan Mattsson hakan@REDACTED
Thu Mar 4 22:42:45 CET 2010

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 3:49 PM, Matthias Lang <matthias@REDACTED> wrote:

>  2. On targets where disk space is precious, it's nice if the .beams
>     are compressed. On earlier releases, I did that that by including
>     +compressed in ERL_COMPILE_FLAGS (by patching the makefile).
>
>     Is there a better way to do that now?
>
>     I had a quick look, couldn't find one, thought I'd ask before
>     I invent my own method, possibly putting the .beams in an archive
>     while I'm at it.

If you are using reltool to create your target system, you can configure it
to create the archive files for you. It can also compress (any type of) files
put in archives as well as strip debug info from beam files.

/Håkan