How to deal with Mnesia core files

Brian Acton acton@REDACTED
Tue Mar 2 04:33:42 CET 2010

Hi guys,

I'm running R13B04 on FreeBSD 7.3-Current and I've been doing some load and
performance testing. During times of heavy load, Mnesia starts getting
stressed and I start seeing messages in the logs like this:

 ** WARNING ** Mnesia is overloaded: {dump_log,   write_threshold}

After a while, Mnesia starts getting more stressed and I see this error
message:

** Too many db tables **

And then mnesia basically barfs and leaves a file like:

MnesiaCore.node@REDACTED

I completely understand that software under heavy load may decide to exit
but I am a little surprised that the process dumps core. Is this by design
or this unintentional? More importantly, is there any means of interpreting
the core files using some debug tool? If so, any tips on the magic commands
to make that happen?

Any assistance greatly appreciated,

--b