[erlang-questions] Enhancement proposal to edoc

Richard O'Keefe ok@REDACTED
Wed Jun 16 02:58:31 CEST 2010

On Jun 15, 2010, at 8:08 PM, Fredrik Andersson wrote:

> Hi fellow Erlang users
>
> I am currently in the process of joining a existing project and the
> current
> state of documentation of it is quite poor. I still figured that I
> would
> generate the edoc documentation for it and get a quick overview of
> the different
> modules available.
>
> Now I'm wondering if it would be possible to extend Erlang or edoc
> so that we
> can specify a class on different exports. This would enable the
> general Erlang
> templates to specify a callback class on the standard callback
> functions in OTP
> and make for an easier separation.

EEP 5 describes a better way to do this.

( http://www.erlang.org/eeps/eep-0005.html )

May it come soon.

The problem with putting the information in the documentation
is that the documentation is not checked, so the code and the
documentation may not agree.