[erlang-questions] Re: How to make the Erlang VM predictible when spawning processes?

Fri Jun 4 11:31:57 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 10:43 AM, Ovidiu Deac <ovidiudeac@REDACTED> wrote:
> I was hoping that the latency introduced by the OS would be lower and
> we would have enough time to satisfy the 10ms requirement. If you are
> right then I guess 10ms response time is not realistic on a standard
> system.

Shooting partially in the dark here. But what if you had a small set
of already spawned processes able to do the work when required? I
would guess you can eliminate some of the spawn-time with that
solution. It is not much different from minimizing the time spent
under a lock by preallocation.

--
J.