[erlang-questions] OT: Please highlight me about JAVA C++ as high level languages just like erlang.

Attila Rajmund Nohl attila.r.nohl@REDACTED
Thu Jan 21 14:19:08 CET 2010

2010/1/21, Angel J. Alvarez Miguel <clist@REDACTED>:
[...]
> Can be Java High level on the same category as C (pointers, arrays), no
> closures, bad generics, even no OOP with mehods calls as messages also like
> C++?

In my experience everything other than the assembler is considered to
be a "high level" language. This is probably a couple of decades old
definition of high level language, created at a time when FORTRAN,
COBOL and Lisp were the high level languages.