[erlang-questions] Re: Unexpected try/catch behaviour

Richard O'Keefe ok@REDACTED
Fri Feb 26 02:39:36 CET 2010

On Feb 26, 2010, at 5:39 AM, Laszlo Lovei wrote:
> evaluate close()". Why should exceptions from "of" clauses be caught
> by "catch" clauses in this structure? They are not nested constructs,
> but clauses of the same nesting level in "try".

They are, in fact, clauses of the same nesting as the head part
where exceptions *are* caught *and* (like it) preceding 'catch'.

I am not saying that any of this is wrong, or broken, or should be
changed in any way at all.  Just that it's easy to get confused.
I DON'T have any better ideas, except careful layout and commenting.