[erlang-questions] Getting OSI approval for the Erlang Public License

Vik Olliver vik@REDACTED
Wed Feb 24 20:53:28 CET 2010

Martti Kuparinen wrote:
> Has there been any attempt to submit the EPL
> (http://www.erlang.org/EPLICENSE) for OSI
> (http://www.opensource.org/approval) review?
>
> Personally I don't care about this but I'm updating the Erlang package
> in NetBSD pkgsrc and someone raised a question about the OSI/FSF
> approval status...

I do care. There are a number of competitions and awards that encourage
program development which are only applicable to OSI-licenced software.
It'd be a shame if Erlang was excluded from those. Plus government
procurement is starting to move towards projects using OSI-approved
licences.

Vik :v)