[erlang-questions] Erlang/OTP R13B04 has been released

Jayson Vantuyl kagato@REDACTED
Wed Feb 24 14:19:10 CET 2010

Max,

Sorry, it doesn't look like the installer was modified in this release.  It appears that Erlang uses the NullSoft Install System.  The files used to build the installer are in "erts/etc/win32/nsis" (http://github.com/erlang/otp/tree/ccase/r13b04_dev/erts/etc/win32/nsis/).

There seems to be two installer scripts:  erlang.nsi and erlang20.nsi.  They look like they are each used in turn for different versions of the installer system.

On the web, I found the following information about using NSIS to modify the path of a system:

> http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Environmental_Variables:_append,_prepend,_and_remove_entries

I have no idea if this is really useful information.  Unfortunately, I don't have the environment necessary to build OTP for Windows, so I can't make a patch for you.  I hope you can figure it out or find someone who can.  Good luck, and I look forward to seeing the patch come through.

On Feb 24, 2010, at 3:25 AM, Max Lapshin wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 2:22 PM, Jayson Vantuyl <kagato@REDACTED> wrote:
>> Max,
>>
>> I don't see it in the Release README.  Did you submit a patch?
>>

> No, because I don't know even where is the windows installer source lays =(

Jayson Vantuyl
kagato@REDACTED