[erlang-questions] Unexpected try/catch behaviour

Robert Virding rvirding@REDACTED
Wed Feb 24 00:35:29 CET 2010

On 23 February 2010 12:36, Attila Rajmund Nohl <attila.r.nohl@REDACTED> wrote:

> This is um, surprising, even by the standards of Erlang... I mean not
> the documentation, but the actual language construct.

Not really. It does make the try a little more complex but in return
it does allow you to directly do a case on the return value of
expression without having to do something special to differentiate
between it and value from catching an error. This is cleaner than what
you need with catch.

Try is definitely the most complex single construct in Erlang today.

Robert