[erlang-questions] Re: Will parameterized modules become an official part of Erlang?

Roberto Ostinelli roberto@REDACTED
Sun Feb 21 11:11:58 CET 2010

2010/2/20 Steve Davis <steven.charles.davis@REDACTED>

    Hi Tuncer,

    Yep, I have read that paper. I think that was where I first learned
    how to use parameterized modules.

    I'm just saying that in practice, I am personally using them less and
    less.

    regs,
    /s

my $0.02:

i find parametrized modules particularly useful in callbacks functions
exposed to external programmers. using them, you can pass something pretty
close to an object, with its values and methods, reducing the need for these
programmers to know the deep magic of your library.

all about code usability, and personal taste, i guess.

r.