What about making sense?

Steve Davis steven.charles.davis@REDACTED
Fri Feb 19 14:41:18 CET 2010

My 2c.

On Feb 18, 3:27 pm, Kenneth Lundin <kenneth.lun...@REDACTED> wrote:
> Most of the documentation 95% is handwritten.

And as a result of this fact, nearly all of the documentation (over
95%) is of unusually high quality.

It is definitely inconvenient when you are looking for something very
specific, as it can be hard to search quickly - you often find that
you have to know where you want to go before you know where you want
to go.

On the other hand, to provide that kind of search-ability adequately
would likely mean adding a level of hand-written indexing/metadata to
the entire body of documentation. I imagine that would be an highly
laborious and non-trivial effort - so I'm not surprised that nobody
has yet taken that on.

There is a side-benefit of the current state of the docs: When
searching for a particular thing, I quite often find myself reading
about something entirely different, which I may not otherwise have
read, and that improves my general education about erlang and the
capabilities (and constraints) of the otp platform.

/s