[erlang-questions] yet more ranting about Erlang docs

Jarrod Roberson jarrod@REDACTED
Thu Feb 18 16:21:26 CET 2010

I have both the books, I find what I need the most is concrete non-trival
examples of implemenations. I think more well written Books is what we need.
But we don't need any more referenence style books, that is what the online
docs are for reference. What I really benefit from as having to self teach
myself Erlang and OTP is good solid best practices examples what are
explained WHY they do what they do. I am coming from mainly a Java and
Python with Twisted background. I think OTP really replaces what Twisted
does x 1000 but I can't get my head around how to do the idiom mapping to
OTP. I have gotten lots of positive feedback on questions about how to do
things in a more functional way with my main Erlang project from this list
and to a much lesser extent StackOverflow. I have pre-ordered the OTP book
from Amazon, I am hoping it helps cover some of the implemenation holes that
the existing books have.

--
Jarrod Roberson
678.551.2852