[erlang-questions] Missing The Point Of Documentation

Bob Ippolito bob@REDACTED
Wed Feb 17 07:40:10 CET 2010

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 12:35 AM, Dave Peticolas <dave@REDACTED> wrote:
> I think a global module index, like the one for the built-in
> Python modules, would be useful, both for quickly finding the
> module you already know the name of, and for browsing to see
> just what is available:
>
>  http://docs.python.org/modindex.html

http://erlang.org/doc/man_index.html

It's the "Modules" hyperlink in the left frame of the docs.

To be fair, it's not that obvious to find, someone actually had to
show it to me... before that I had previously navigated through the
applications to find modules.

The biggest problem with the Erlang module index is that it has no
context whatsoever about what the modules do (other than the
semi-arbitrary application they belong to), so if you don't know at
least part of the name already you won't be able to search for the
module you want on that page.

-bob