[erlang-questions] Re: reverse engineering beam files / obfuscation ?

Alpar Juttner ajuttner.list@REDACTED
Mon Feb 15 12:20:09 CET 2010

Sorry, but I can't understand the story.

I understand that you had a secret idea implemented in Quintus, but it
has never been published. Someone else was about to publish the same
idea. They had a copy of Quintus but not the its source. You assumed the
idea was taken from Quintus, thus you precluded them from publishing the
idea.

But could you _prove_ somehow that they stole the idea from Quintus or
did you just suspect it? If it was just a suspicion, you'd better not be
so proud of this story.

In addition, review of a paper is normally done by an independent
reviewer, who must handle the paper confidentially. How did you get a
copy of the paper under review?

Regards,
Alpar