[erlang-questions] A style question

Anthony Shipman als@REDACTED
Sat Feb 13 07:03:08 CET 2010

On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 02:02:34 am David Mercer wrote:
> > The indentation style I would use here just takes 4 columns, not 12.
>
> I would love to hear about different indentation styles, and specifically
> yours.  I find properly indenting Erlang to be the most difficult part of
> the language.
>
> Cheers,
>
> David

The way the emacs mode double indents case expressions is a nuisance. It leads
to code sprawling all across the page. When you combine that with the
arrangement, reading code becomes a drunkard's walk across the page. It makes
it harder to quickly scan the code looking for where this or that happens.

--
Anthony Shipman                    Mamas don't let your babies
als@REDACTED                   grow up to be outsourced.