[erlang-questions] Erlang Idioms - A Pattern for an Erlang Programming Team

Doug Fort doug.fort@REDACTED
Sat Feb 13 01:12:16 CET 2010

Could be a book, or at least a conference presentation.  James O.
Coplien's books on C and C++ styles and idioms were very influential.

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 6:56 PM, Eric Newhuis <enewhuis@REDACTED> wrote:
> Ah!  Not yet but I do have the T-shirt.  :)
>
> Maybe the idioms should tweet whenever a new one is hatched.
>
> On Feb 12, 2010, at 8:55 AM, Attila Rajmund Nohl wrote:
>
>> 2010/2/12, Eric Newhuis <enewhuis@REDACTED>:
>> [...]
>>> It is a combination of useful small functions that should some day find
>>> themselves a part of some open standard, a set of the typical macros (LET,
>>> IF, etc.), and some common imports (lists, string, etc.).
>>
>> I bet you have something like lists:flatten(io_lib:format(Format,
>> Parameters)) somewhere in that library :-)
>>
>> [...]
>>> I wonder if others have done something similar and would care to share or
>>> are already aware of something like this or have suggestions on how such
>>> sharing could be enabled.
>>
>> I think it would be useful if there were some "extended distribution"
>> to OTP that would contain libraries like the one you've created. The
>> big problem would be that most major Erlang projects already have some
>> libraries on their own and of course they wouldn't pick this new
>> "extended distribution" up.

Doug Fort, Consulting Programmer
http://www.dougfort.com