[erlang-questions] new gproc, new feature + move to github

Ulf Wiger ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Thu Feb 11 17:51:58 CET 2010

Pablo Platt wrote:
> Thank you for moving it to github and adding features.
>
> What is the difference between gproc:await and registering a unique name
> with add_local_name ?

gproc:await/2 should be compared to gproc:where/1 (or the simpler
lookup_local_name/1). The lookup functions will return immediately
telling the caller whether the name is currently registered. The
await/2 function will block until the name is registered, and then
tell the caller which process registered it.

BR,
Ulf W