Cannot unload module from remote shell

Dmitri Minaev minaev@REDACTED
Thu Dec 16 14:31:55 CET 2010

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 2:00 PM, Dmitri Minaev <minaev@REDACTED> wrote:

> So, I loaded my functions into a running instance of RabbitMQ. Of course,
> my module is still there when I detach and reattach to  the same node. But
> why the module is still loaded when I restart Erlang?

For what it's worth, killing epmd and removing /var/lib/rabbitmq/mnesia/*
changed nothing. The module is still available. However, purging and
reinstalling rabbitmq, did the trick :)

code:delete/1 unloads the module (is_loaded returns false), but any call of
the functions from that module results in it being loaded again. So, does
Erlang cache the content of the loaded modules?  How does it get reloaded
when the files are removed?

--
With best regards,
Dmitri Minaev