Cannot unload module from remote shell

Dmitri Minaev minaev@REDACTED
Wed Dec 15 12:00:50 CET 2010

Hello,

I learn Erlang with a modest goal of finding out what causes troubles with
our installation of RabbitMQ.

Quite naturally, I learn by playing with Rabbit. I began by writing a module
with a trivial function that displays a list of queues in Rabbit. I attached
to the remote node, compiled the file and loaded it using code:load_abs.

So, I loaded my functions into a running instance of RabbitMQ. Of course, my
module is still there when I detach and reattach to  the same node. But why
the module is still loaded when I restart Erlang?

I tried to move the files I compiled and loaded to another directory, so
Rabbit would not reload them from the old place. It looks like Erlang saves
its image before exiting and reloads it when starting again (a behavior one
might expect from a Lisp system), but I am not certain if this functionality
is even available in Erlang.

Thank you.

--
With best regards,