[erlang-questions] Server load tests on Linux

Dan Kelley djk121@REDACTED
Thu Dec 9 19:52:17 CET 2010

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 12:34 PM, Alessandro Sivieri <
alessandro.sivieri@REDACTED> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to perform some load tests on a Web server, so I have created a
> little script performing parallel connections to the server and getting the
> message starts to pop out:
>
> =ERROR REPORT==== 9-Dec-2010::18:30:14 ===
> HTTPC-MANAGER<httpc_manager> handler (<0.297.0>) successfully started for
> unknown request #Ref<0.0.0.651> => canceling

I ran into what sounds like the same thing a while back, see here:

http://groups.google.com/group/erlang-programming/browse_thread/thread/ef41c4f044521ee0/eb1dab49ee589d54?lnk=gst&q=kelley#eb1dab49ee589d54

I ended up switching to ibrowse.  After doing that, I was able to get many
more simultaneous connections before hitting a bug in that software.
 (Supposedly that bug has been fixed by the maintainer in the latest
version, but I haven't had the opportunity to re-test.)

Dan