[erlang-questions] Jinterface hanging on send

Alain O'Dea alain.odea@REDACTED
Mon Dec 6 16:44:50 CET 2010

On Monday, December 6, 2010, Francis Stephens <francisstephens@REDACTED> wrote:
> I have a number of Jinterface nodes running on separate JVMs.  With fair
> regularity () they are blocking on calls to
> OtpMbox.send(OtpPid,OtpErlangObject).
>

> Debugging has shown that each of them is blocking on a call to
> SocketInputStream.read(byte, int, int).

I'm trying to imagine why OtpMbox.send(OtpPid,OtpErlangObject) would
ever need to read a socket.  Perhaps it needs to consult EPMB to find
where lookup the receiver for the OtpPid you are sending to.

Interesting problem. I have been considering Java/Erlang interop for
several years on and off. I am very I interested to learn the cause of
the problem you are seeing and how to solve it.