Jinterface hanging on send

Francis Stephens francisstephens@REDACTED
Mon Dec 6 15:31:02 CET 2010

I have a number of Jinterface nodes running on separate JVMs.  With fair
regularity () they are blocking on calls to
OtpMbox.send(OtpPid,OtpErlangObject).

Debugging has shown that each of them is blocking on a call to
SocketInputStream.read(byte, int, int).

It often appears that the hanging processes are trying to send a message to
each other at the same time.  Often killing one of the JVMs that is blocked
on a send will release the other one.

I am running Erlang version 5.8.1.1 with jinterface 1.5.3.1 running on
windows.

Has anyone seen this behaviour before?  Is it expected behaviour, I was
expecting to be able to run several communicating JVMs concurrently.
Right-ho, off to read up on socket programming.