[erlang-questions] How to select a record with an attribute which is maximal in mnesia table?

Nicholas Frechette zeno490@REDACTED
Wed Apr 14 16:15:40 CEST 2010

Just keep in mind mnesia doesn't support disk copies of ordered sets so
you'll have to serialize to disk manually, either on every update,
periodically or on app exit (tricky in cases where your app core dumps).

Alternatively, you can simply write to a flat file on the side of your
mnesia table in memory (or just go with the flat file) and then on app
start, open the file, seek to the end - size of your record (hopefully fixed
size...) and voila.

2cents.
Nicholas