[erlang-questions] Generating data of Erlang data-types in C

Andrew Thompson andrew@REDACTED
Tue Sep 29 06:22:13 CEST 2009

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 08:46:41PM -0700, Jayson Vantuyl wrote:
> This is actually pretty challenging.  It is in no way a stupid question.
>
> You might try ei (to marshall the external term binaries) or
> ei_connect (to be a full-blown Erlang node).
>
> http://www.erlang.org/doc/apps/erl_interface/index.html

ei is certainly the way I do this, the documentation is a little scant
and the library has some odd omissions but with a little creativity you
can get a lot done. I suspect my mod_erlang_event for FreeSWITCH is one
of the most complex ei applications that has the source available:

http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_erlang_event

Andrew