[erlang-questions] Erlang on smart phones

john@REDACTED john@REDACTED
Mon Sep 28 09:47:46 CEST 2009

Quoting Peter Sabaini <peter@REDACTED>:

> Hi,
>
> there seems to be an effort to make Erlang/OTP run on iPhones -- are
> there ports for any other smart phones, eg. Android-based ones?

Several years ago, I ported Erlang onto a Nokia 770 Internet tablet,
which meant simply (IIRC) cross-compiling for an ARM chip and making a
Debian package. I didn't get much interest at the time, so I haven't
bothered to do it for later models (like the N900) but I would guess
it wouldn't be too hard to do such a thing again.

Cheers,

- johnk