[erlang-questions] Is driver_mk_atom() thread safe?

Dave Smith dizzyd@REDACTED
Fri Sep 25 20:16:15 CEST 2009

I believe it is NOT thread-safe unless explicitly said to be. From the docs:

"Most functions in this API are not thread-safe, i.e., they may not be
called from an arbitrary thread. Function that are not documented as
thread-safe may only be called from driver call-backs or function
calls descending from a driver call-back call. Note that driver
call-backs may be called from different threads. This, however, is not
a problem for any functions in this API, since the emulator have
control over these threads."

HTH.

D.