Erlang, Yaws, and the deadly Tornado

Lev Walkin vlm@REDACTED
Sat Sep 19 09:54:13 CEST 2009

======================
Since Facebook acquisition of FriendFeed, a bunch of technologies were
released to the wild, including, most notably, a Tornado web server
written in Python. The Tornado is touted as a «a scalable, non-blocking
web server and web framework». See Wikipedia article
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tornado_HTTP_Server on some details on the
performance of that server, as well as some comparison with other web
servers.

The numbers looked interesting, so I decided to benchmark Tornado myself
to check out how it fares against some Erlang tools.

Since the data is highly graphical, I can only give the link to the rest
of the benchmark.

http://lionet.livejournal.com/42016.html

--
vlm