[erlang-questions] Re: [erlang-bugs] Re: [erlang-questions] wx fails to build on Snow Leopard

Steve Vinoski vinoski@REDACTED
Mon Sep 7 15:54:37 CEST 2009

On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 5:55 AM, Jayson Vantuyl <kagato@REDACTED> wrote:

>>> A small aside.  You should really leave compilations like this for an
> hour before giving up (and watch the memory usage in the meantime).  If it's
> taking up CPU, it's probably just pathological compilation behavior.

No need to lecture. Anytime I hear my laptop fans kick into high gear and
run that way for more than 5 minutes, I hunt down the source of the issue
and make it stop. Let it run for an hour? No thanks. I have no interest in
potentially overheating my laptop and unnecessarily shortening its lifespan
trying to compile something like this. The only reason I posted the
information was in case others might find it helpful, plus I thought the wx
authors might want to track down the cause of this compilation behavior and
fix it in their source code.

--steve