[erlang-questions] Re: Process Dictionary vs Proplist in Web Frameworks

Steve Vinoski vinoski@REDACTED
Fri Oct 30 04:23:26 CET 2009

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 10:06 PM, Ngoc Dao <ngocdaothanh@REDACTED> wrote:

> Steve,
>
> So Yaws will stick with process dictionary?

To the best of my knowledge, yes.

> Actually I am creating this:
> http://github.com/ngocdaothanh/ale
>
> It only adds some routing rules and MVC conventions to make Yaws
> easier to use.

What parts are difficult to use?

> A typical Ale application would have a front controller
> behind Yaws' back. Behind Yaws' back, either process dictionary or
> proplist can be used, and I want to decide which one to use.

Klacke of course has the final say when it comes to Yaws, but I'm pretty
certain there are no plans to move it away from using the process
dictionary.

--steve