2009 Erlang User Conference Update (Pls read if you are thinking of attending)

Francesco Cesarini (Erlang Training and Consulting) francesco@REDACTED
Sat Oct 10 17:37:49 CEST 2009

Hi All,

I wanted to let you have a quick update on the Erlang User Conference in
case you are thinking of attending. Attendance is almost 50% over last
year, with well over 200 attendees registered. We will be meeting with
the owners of the Astoria Cinema in Stockholm next week to see if we can
rent (and fit in) more chairs and increase the number of places. Until
we have a definitive answer, we will have to close the registration as
soon as we reach 220 delegates and open the standby list. If you know
you want to attend, register ASAP. Early bird registration also ends
next week (October 15th), and prices will go up. To register:

http://www.erlang-factory.com/conference/ErlangUserConference2009/register

There was an overwhelming number of talk submissions, and the program is
now almost complete (One last talk will be added on Monday). You can see
more about the programme here:

http://www.erlang-factory.com/conference/ErlangUserConference2009/talks

On the Friday after the conference, there will be two events. The first
is a Hackathon hosted by Kreditor. The second is a set of tutorial on
Erlang and Test Driven Development given by the tool inventors and
implementors. We will be opening the registrations for them next Friday.
Conference attendance for either is not mandatory. You are welcome to
either, free of charge, even if you do not attend the conference. More
information on the tutorials is available here:

http://www.erlang-factory.com/conference/testingtutorialworkshop/talks

Sponsors this year have been many and plentiful! A BIG thanks goes to
Tail-f, QuviQ, Process-One, Klarna (Formerly known as Kreditor),
Corelatus, Ericsson, Synapse, Mobile Arts Erlang Training & Consulting
and Ericsson for their generosity. If anyone else wants to give back to
the Erlang community and help sponsor the event allowing us to keep the
costs as low as possible, get in contact with either me or Frank, the
conference manager (frank @ erlang-consulting.com)

You can help us by blogging, tweeting and talking about the conference.
There is also an event on facebook you can register for. Get the word
out. If you do, let us know and we will add your blog to the community page:

http://www.erlang-factory.com/conference/ErlangUserConference2009/community

I will be attending and I will be speaking banners will be available on
Monday.

If you have any questions or thoughts, feel free to drop me or anyone
else involved a line. Looking forward to another great EUC in Stockholm
this year! Hope to see you there.

Francesco
--
http://www.erlang-consulting.com