[erlang-questions] PDF reports from Mnesia: Erlguten and XMerL?

Gaspar Chilingarov nm@REDACTED
Fri Oct 9 14:12:20 CEST 2009

Hi Nina!

I would like to share my experience. In my case there were a reports,
which should be sent every month.

I've used ready html2pdf converter (written in php) for a several reasons:

- I had the template engine, which allows generation of HTML from HTML
template file and deeply nested proplist structures (and it supports
FOREACH and IF statements in templates - so they are completely flexible).
- HTML templates are easily editable in any visual HTML editor - so I
can pass all design work to another person.
- html2pdf converter usually works faster than latex.
- you can easily check your output before pdf generation and fix it or
write automatic tests.

The remaining part was exactly the same as below - spawning external
command and so on and so on.

/Gaspar

PS. When generating command name and arguments - be VERY careful. Do not
allow user inject any illegal symbol in that string, in other case it
may lead to OS command injection by remote attacker.