why with Linux

Steve Davis steven.charles.davis@REDACTED
Thu Nov 19 01:49:19 CET 2009

On Nov 18, 6:31 pm, Garrett Smith <g...@REDACTED> wrote:
> Any Windows champions want to take a crack at this? :)

I use Erlang on both linux and windows depending on what machine I'm
using at the time. I have no problems on either environment, and favor
neither for development (though linux is a clear favorite for
deployment).

It's handy on both platforms to be able to write your own shell/batch
scripts. This skill is probably more important on windows because (as
you are no doubt aware), in most open source libraries (not all) the
developer will more likely provide you with useful bash/shell scripts
than (windows) batch scripts.

/s