[erlang-questions] weird mneisa/escript problem in r13

Garry Hodgson garry@REDACTED
Thu Nov 5 15:26:22 CET 2009

Håkan Mattsson wrote:

 > It was a bug, but it isn't anymore.

cool.

 > In earlier releases, the arguments on the escript line beginning with
 > %%! was passed to the virtual machine via an environment variable. As
 > a side effect of this the arguments was mangled a bit, causing some of
 > the quotation marks to disappear. This was fixed in Erts 5.7.3
 > (OTP-1060). The arguments are now passed to the VM as they are written
 > in the escript, without any mangling. Unfortunately this bug fix was
 > not documented. I hope that has not caused you too much trouble.

it wasn't a big deal.  just wanted to mention it in case it was unknown.
thanks for the info.

--
Garry Hodgson
AT&T Chief Security Office (CSO)

"This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are AT&T property, are confidential, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom this e-mail is addressed. If you are not one of the named recipient(s) or otherwise have reason to believe that you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete this message immediately from your computer. Any other use, retention, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited."