[erlang-questions] Joe's book, ~/.erlang and Makefiles

Rob Charlton rob.charlton@REDACTED
Mon May 11 00:35:18 CEST 2009

How about creating a user-defined boot script that doesn't call c:erlangrc?

- copy /usr/local/lib/erlang/bin/start.script to a local file - call it
mystart.script
- edit it to remove the erlangrc line (it is right at the bottom)
- run erl and type systools:script2boot("mystart") then exit. This
creates mystart.boot in the current folder
- start erl with erl -boot mystart

You can use erl -init_debug to confirm that it isn't calling c:erlangrc

I don't know how portable the idea is, particularly between different
erlang versions, but you could perhaps provide your own boot script with
your sources.

Rob