[erlang-questions] Web frameworks

Thomas Lindgren thomasl_erlang@REDACTED
Sat May 2 13:22:08 CEST 2009

The relevant part of the error message is this:

   {"init terminating in do_boot",{undef,[{myapp,start,[]},{init,start_it,1},{init,start_em,1}]}}

Which means the system can't find myapp:start(). Is the module available, compiled, etc?

A note to OTP: the shell prints more legible errors these days; perhaps we could get shiny new error messages here too?

Best,
Thomas

________________________________
From: Vikrant <vikrant.patil@REDACTED>
To: erlang-questions <erlang-questions@REDACTED>
Sent: Saturday, May 2, 2009 5:23:10 AM
Subject: [erlang-questions] Web frameworks

Hi,
    I want to start using erlang and yaws for web development. I would like to know your suggestion on which web frameworks are available in erlang. My attempt to start using mochiweb and erlyweb has already failed. It ends with erlang error dump as given below...

vikrant@REDACTED:~/programming/erlang/myapp$ ./start-dev.sh
Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.6.3 [source] [64-bit] [smp:2] [async-threads:0] [kernel-poll:false]

=PROGRESS REPORT==== 2-May-2009::08:50:59 ===
          supervisor: {local,sasl_safe_sup}
             started: [{pid,<0.34.0>},
                       {name,alarm_handler},
                       {mfa,{alarm_handler,start_link,[]}},
                       {restart_type,permanent},
                       {shutdown,2000},
                       {child_type,worker}]

=PROGRESS REPORT==== 2-May-2009::08:50:59 ===
          supervisor: {local,sasl_safe_sup}
             started: [{pid,<0.35.0>},
                       {name,overload},
                       {mfa,{overload,start_link,[]}},
                       {restart_type,permanent},
                       {shutdown,2000},
                       {child_type,worker}]

=PROGRESS REPORT==== 2-May-2009::08:50:59 ===
          supervisor: {local,sasl_sup}
             started: [{pid,<0.33.0>},
                       {name,sasl_safe_sup},
                       {mfa,
                           {supervisor,start_link,
                               [{local,sasl_safe_sup},sasl,safe]}},
                       {restart_type,permanent},
                       {shutdown,infinity},
                       {child_type,supervisor}]

=PROGRESS REPORT==== 2-May-2009::08:50:59 ===
          supervisor: {local,sasl_sup}
             started: [{pid,<0.36.0>},
                       {name,release_handler},
                       {mfa,{release_handler,start_link,[]}},
                       {restart_type,permanent},
                       {shutdown,2000},
                       {child_type,worker}]

=PROGRESS REPORT==== 2-May-2009::08:50:59 ===
         application: sasl
          started_at: nonode@REDACTED

=PROGRESS REPORT==== 2-May-2009::08:51:00 ===
          supervisor: {local,kernel_safe_sup}
             started: [{pid,<0.41.0>},
                       {name,timer_server},
                       {mfa,{timer,start_link,[]}},
                       {restart_type,permanent},
                       {shutdown,1000},
                       {child_type,worker}]
{"init terminating in do_boot",{undef,[{myapp,start,[]},{init,start_it,1},{init,start_em,1}]}}

Crash dump was written to: erl_crash.dump
init terminating in do_boot ()

I appreciate any help in getting me started with even simplest "hello world" webapp!

Regards,
Vikrant