[erlang-questions] mnesia range queries

Paul Mineiro paul-trapexit@REDACTED
Wed Jun 17 16:50:43 CEST 2009

Simplest and most efficient ... at the same time? :)

Unless creation_date is (a prefix of) the key in an ordered_set table,
this will involve a full table scan.  In the example below field_a is
the key so a full table scan will happen.  You really want records that
look like

{ foo, creation_date, ... } or
{ foo, { creation_date, ... }, ... }

So this might require making another table mapping creation_date to the
primary key in your original table.  This is what relational DB engines
do for you when you make an index.

-- p