[erlang-questions] tail-recursive functions

Raoul Duke raould@REDACTED
Thu Jan 29 19:13:25 CET 2009

> So I wonder if it wouldn't be useful to add a compiler flag that will
> make it output warnings about functions that are not tail-recursive?
> Or something else, amounting to the same result.
>
> Alternatively, have a separate tool to check this (maybe even
> dialyzer, since it is a kind of static analysis).

$0.02: disregarding the current specific context, it always seemed to
me that it would be nice to have such features. i am under the
impression that e.g. the o'caml compiler will tell you about
non-tail-optimizable calls?

sincerely.