[erlang-questions] SCTP: controlling process for specified socket AND association ID

Fri Jan 23 14:15:21 CET 2009

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 06:49:58PM +0600, Maxim Treskin wrote:
> Hello
>
> Is it possible to make controlling process, which handles all messages from
> specified association ID?
> At this time, I have one SCTP-listener, which controls socket and routes
> data received from it to processes of each assoc_id.
> How I can remove this routing? I want something like SCTP-accept function
> for C-language, and don't want to use routing logic in listener process.

No, that is today not possible.

I think what you actually want is the sctp_peeloff() that branches
off one association from a socket into a new one-to-one socket.
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctpsocket-13#section-8.2

That feature is not implemented and have to be carefully thought
through, especially regarding SMP semantics. So it is rather far off
among future plans. E.g active socket mode is a nearer future plan.