[erlang-questions] What's the recommended template engine for web development with erlang?

Anthony Shipman als@REDACTED
Wed Jan 21 15:16:40 CET 2009

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 08:50:17 pm Liu Yubao wrote:
> Christian wrote:
> >> * erldtl
> >>
> >>  Pros: The template notation seems good(I hate <newtag> and <%...%> :-)
> >>        templates are compiled to erlang modules;
> >>  Cons: not completed yet.
> >
> > What is a show-stopper for you about erlydtl? What is not complete
> > enough for you?
>
> In fact, I prefer erlydtl to erltl in erlyweb because I feel erlydtl
> is cleaner. I *really* don't like to embedd erlang code into html template
> because it's not editor-friendly enough.

You don't have to embed any more than a function call to a utility module.

--
Anthony Shipman                    Mamas don't let your babies
als@REDACTED                   grow up to be outsourced.