[erlang-questions] Included Applications and application:get_application/0

Bernard Duggan bernie@REDACTED
Mon Jan 12 08:11:52 CET 2009

Hi all,
    I'm working on a set of applications in a "primary
application/included applications" type arrangement as described in the
OTP Design Principles document.  I'm curious if there is a programmatic
way to tell which of the apps a process is considered to be running in.
application:get_application/0 appears to always return the primary
application, even when called from an included application.  Is this
intentional?  Is it a bug?  Am I misunderstanding something about the
nature of included applications, such as them only being "applications"
in some senses but not others (and if so, what senses are those...if you
follow me)?

Cheers,

Bernard